Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 16th: The Beauty that is Amalia











I know this is branching out from my journal topic; however, I really would like to touch on interior decorating/design while I am at it because it is another one of my passions.  I really fell in love with the Hotel Amalia even though our stay there was a short one.  Maybe it was the high, wood ceilings or perhaps the walls decorated with oriental rugs.  Regardless, the Amalia boasted of an enchanting yet somewhat macabre feeling.  I especially liked that although the majority of the rooms were so large, there were still quaint areas tucked away to be discovered like the telephone booths or the sitting areas off of the lobby.  I have a feeling that the interiors was drawn from other countries influence such as Russia and Turkey, not just Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment